Pride N’ Living Home Care’s personal care assistant (PCA) services provide routine health and personal care support and assistance with activities of daily living to patients with physical impairments or disabilities in private homes, nursing care facilities, and other residential settings.
Our personal care assistants help clients overcome mobility restrictions to get out of bed, bathe, dress, and groom. They also provide some basic health-related services, such as checking the patient’s pulse rate, temperature, and respiration rate. They also help with simple prescribed exercises and assist with medication administration. Our PCAs are skilled communicators and may advise families and patients on nutrition and cleanliness, as they can also assist with light housekeeping and homemaking tasks.
Our PCAs may work exclusively with one client at a time or have several clients with long-term care needs. They may also care for newly discharged hospital patients who have relatively short-term needs.
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with exercise programs
- Light housekeeping, laundry, and ironing
- Grocery shopping and running errands
- Mail and bill payment assistance
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Escorting to social or recreational activities or appointments
- Engaging in leisure activities
- Incidental transportation
- Monitoring health and coordinating care needs
- Conducting fall risk screens
- Arranging for safety devices and equipment
- Helping patients comply with medication regimens
- Personal hygiene and dressing assistance
Do you have inquiries or concerns about our services? Please don’t hesitate to contact us. Call us today or leave us a message here.